Thursday, October 21, 2010

MiWLA

I went to the MiWLA conference today.  I always like going to this conference; it reaffirms my sense of competence as a teacher, and I always come away with a few good ideas.  In the past, I often went with a sense of insecurity in my job, and came away feeling reaffirmed.

Today, I went feeling great in my job, and came away wanting to be anything but a Spanish teacher.

I have been toying with the idea of learning to program in a few different languages, and creating language content.  I've especially been excited by the idea of electric textbooks, especially of the open source variety.  I talked to a small business owner in the educational content field, and got some great ideas for how to move forward with a similar situation.

I went to a meeting called "K-16 Articulation."  Now I want to be an ISD curriculum advisor.

The thing is, I'm still super-excited to go back to my school tomorrow.

No comments: