Saturday, August 7, 2010

Status update

I have accepted a new position.  Now, instead of teaching K-12 Spanish, I'll be teaching 7-12 Spanish and 9-12 English Language Arts.

You read that right.  I'm an English teacher.

The most helpful comment so far has been from a friend of mine who said, "If you need help learning English, feel free to let me know.  It's my first language!"

I've been re-writing syllabi in my head to reflect this change.  It's a little tough since I don't know exactly what the district curriculum looks like, but building community in the classroom and general expectations remain about the same. 

My profile picture and the basic color scheme of the blog were chosen to match my previous employer's logo and colors.  Contrary to popular opinion, I do not look like a blackline drawing of a bobcat.  (The color scheme is one of Blogger's defaults, of course.)  I'll  update my picture later, but I'm going to keep the color scheme.  It works, y'know?

No comments: